We reserve the right to moderate, edit and delete comments posted to/on the OneWorld SouthAsia website and on all our social media accounts.
We value our readers and viewers who wish to take part in an informed debate after they read the news, views and feature stories on the OneWorld SouthAsia development news website. We welcome feedback.
We strive to provide accurate information that is packaged unambiguously. Nevertheless, we value readers’ interacting with the news website to correct any information that might have been carried inadvertently carried by us.
Yet, readers wishing to comment on the content we carry may kindly note that we value comments that:
- Point out factual inaccuracies
- Drive forward debate by giving opinion based on the facts.
- Point out flaws in reasoning from other commentators (but without attacking their personhood).
- Share personal stories or experiences related to the issue discussed in article or video.
- Communicate with other readers/viewers in response to their comments to have an intelligent conversation about the topic.
We reserve the right to remove comments if they do any of the following:
- Contain expletives, swear words, abusive language in any language.
- Camouflage expletives, swear words or abusive terms with signs or symbols.
- Attack users, authors, or the people who are the subject of the story or other visitors to the news website who air their views or make comments.
- Disrespectful of the diversity that the global citizen represents and/or, are discriminatory.
- Criticize or put down or denigrate people or communities based on their identity (religious, ethno-linguistic, appearance, ability, gender).
- Post content unrelated to the story, or fall under the spam category.
- Promote businesses, products, or services.
- Contain hate speech, threats of any kind or are offensive.
- Constitute as defamation or libel.
This is a developing document. We welcome feedback that is helpful, informative and critical to improve these guidelines.